I cannot believe that it is almost Christmas. Thanksgiving is NEXT WEEK! So so crazy.
- Make a post (public, friends locked, filtered...whatever you're comfortable with) to your LJ. The post should contain your list of 10 holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fandom-related ("I'd love a Snape/Hermione icon that's just for me") to medium ("I wish for _____ on DVD") to really big ("All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV.") The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
- If you wish for real life things (not fics or icons), make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it's your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you.
- Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your LJ, or link to this post (it'll be public) so that the holiday joy will spread.
- Surf around your friends list (or friendsfriends, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list. And now here's the important part:
- If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes someone's trash is another's treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don't want or a gift certificate you won't use--or even know where you could get someone's dream purebred Basset Hound for free--do it.
You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out, it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf--to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not--it's your call.
There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just...wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you'll have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special.
1. Fanfiction written for me. (this is my #1 for a reason!) I love just about any pairing involving FOB, P!ATD, TAI, GCH, AAR, Good Charlotte, etc etc., in-band or inter-band. I don't just read bandom either: I love Sports Night Fic and Marauder Era HP fic. I DON'T really go for established relationship fic. I'm a BIG FAN of falling in love, first kisses, first times, sudden OMG realizations and proclamations. Yeah, I'm a total sucker for the smoosh. And OMG bestfriendlove fic and pre-band or jailbait fic is A-Okay with me! ♥ I also like ICONS! And I have so few....with plenty of room to add.
2. Random items in the mail! Little trinkets, things you love, letters, bandom related goodies, etc etc etc. You see, I love sending out happy little packages that people don't expect AT ALL. In turn, I LOVELOVELOVE to get them. I certainly don't expect them, but MAN do I love them!
3. Visits from friends, especially of the LJ variety. I enjoy y'all SO MUCH. Jay coming here and spending a WHOLE WEEK with me was sososo amazing. I get to meet up with some of my girls at concerts and I LOVE IT! Who've I hung with? mercurybard, clare_san Jen (sixwhitelies)and I are like, crazy concert buddies for LIFE. I can't imagine a show without her now! But I'd love a BabySpencer!con here at my house. Like, love it with a passion. MAKE IT HAPPEN! Or you know, just a single visitor is cool too!
4. Anything at all for Spencer. Especially the Clan onesie *cough cough* ♥
5. Both of my bathrooms remodeled! OMG yes, Santa please come take care of this STAT!
6. Music music music. Link me to your favorite music. The stuff you think I've never heard. Send me CDs of your favorite local band. Invite me to a show! I'm THERE!
7. A new frost-free freezer for the garage. Ours isn't frost free, so it's a TOTAL MESS and all of our frozens get ruined if not used quickly.
8. Books! (I'm stealing part of this from my little brother Jay) Have some books you've read and don't want any more? Looking to pass them on to someone? Think I'd like them? SEND THEM TO ME! I love love love LOVE books, omg. I will read ANYTHING> If you loved it, I'll probably love it too. I like anything from nonfiction, to classics, to sci fi, to really weird gross things. Seriously, send it my way! I also like gift cards to bookstores. They are a serious weakness. SERIOUS
9. Gift cards to anywhere you think I'd like. I LOVE HOODIES! And crazy shirts. And band tees. So, gift cards are awesome.
10. Wow. I can't think of anything else. Ahahaha. I'll just list visitors again. Because seriously, the BEST THING EVER. I know, I wish for someone to say "hey Shonna, let's meet up at ________Coffee Shop, or The House of Pies (I'm looking at you kmousie), or IHOP or damn near anywhere." How about the zoo? Let's take Spencer to the ZOO!
I LOVE to send out holiday cards each year. And normally I CANNOT just send out a card or just an envelope. Just ask beingothrwrdly hahaha! So, please email email@example.com with your snail mail address if you'd like to receive a Spencer-centric Christmas card from me this year!
Okay, I'm off to get the baby dressed. We are going to a birthday party tonight. We spent the afternoon at the FFA Auction. Wow, we are busy little bees. No rest for the weary! And don't forget to link me to your wishlists! PLEASE!
PS - Yep, mmm mmm COFFEE!
PPS- I met a boy last night (he's in my cousin's band that LOOKS SO MUCH LIKE RYAN ROSS IT IS SCARYCRAZY!) I'll post pics of him when I get home tonight! SERIOUSLY, you won't believe it!